What have Usain Bolt, Justin Bieber and Kim Kardashian got in common?
We asked our International Showjumper Ambassador Jessica Mendoza a few fun and factual questions to bring you 11 facts you never knew or would ever have guessed!
1. What was your very first equestrian competition (where, when, how old were you, what memories do you have of it, what was the result)?
Probably when I was 3 and won my first red rosette showing, on a wonderful Shetland called Hollie.
2. If you had not gone into horse riding, what would you like to have done?
The arts. I did art for my A levels at school. I paint and I really enjoy it, creating oil paintings of quirky sorts of animals. It’s kind of a mix between realistic and abstract.
3. What is your life motto?
Whether it’s riding, or my painting, to do it well but never stop enjoying it!
4. When were you most happy on a horse?
After my first Nations Cup win in Rotterdam in 2015.
5. What is the most embarrassing thing to have ever happened to you while riding?
It would have to be when I was about 8 years old in a showing class riding someone else’s pony. We were waiting for the final line up and it took an age. I kept asking if I could go to the toilet but the judge said I couldn’t. I ended up wetting the saddle and it was a lovely suede one and not mine either!
6. You travel a lot with your competing. What is your favourite city and why?
London. I love the shops and incredible choice of food!
7. Who is your favourite athlete?
8. Secret Crush?
9. What is your favourite film?
10. Favourite guilty pleasure?
My favourite treat is ice cream and a mars bar sauce which I make myself. You just melt the mars bars and add milk and butter. It’s so-o-o good!
11. Do any of your horses remind you of a famous person?
If you take Spirit as an example – if she were a person Spirit would definitely be Kim Kardashian – as she has a big bum and is a complete diva!
Are you competition ready? You might want to read this blog for some great tips and adviceBack to Journal